Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

wuthering heights & the great gatsby

   I think Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte) has to be tied with The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald, sigh...) for the most romantic book I've ever read. Boy, I was obsessed deeply with these two books... Reading them as a child certainly assisted in warping my own sensibilities regarding love...
  You may have heard that we're not having summer anymore in the Pacific Northwest. It's pretty much Autumn forever all the time from now on so I feel darn cozy spending my time baking cookies, watching my seedlings get waterlogged and watching depressing love stories... and they're even on you tube for you to enjoy... I really enjoy these modern adaptations.



The Great Gatsby wouldn't embed but here's the link to it....

sweet dreams lovlies... xo m

1 comment:

  1. I have actually never read the Great Gatsby, but Wuthering Heights is one of my favs. So depressingly romantic! I think I prefer the older version, though, with Laurence Olivier.

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment, I usually respond within the comments section. thank you for reading.