Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

handkerchief curtain...

  I had been wanting to make a handkerchief curtain for months (I don't know why it took me so long to get around to this project, it took me less than an hour and I really love the way it turned out). The curtain that was on this window before was an ugly blue/white/brown 60s floral that I didn't really like but I found at a thrift store and it was the right size so I got it and there it sat, on our window, taunting me, for a good six months and every time I looked at it I though "ick"...
   I've been collecting (hoarding?) vintage handkerchiefs for years. I used to make dresses out of ace bandages and old slips and used hankies for hem ruffles. Mostly we've been using hanks for their actual purpose (blowing noses) since we all have allergies... But I got to use a few of my favorites for this curtain. I'm starting a new project of making dresses and using some handkerchiefs on those so more handkerchief projects will be coming up soon...
  I really wanted a sheer curtain, to let light through but not so sheer so that our neighbors could see completely through. It is just perfect!



This little horse is such a sweetie! I see his face whenever I lock the door. Happy Monday friends! xo m

9 comments:

  1. Aww, it looks awesome! They all go together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's lovely, I am going to try that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so utterly in love with this curtain...it has blown me away and i really want to have a go at making one myself.....thank you so much fpor sharing this wonderful ideaq.
    Pixie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out beautiful! I have been hoarding too, and been wanting to do the same thing...I was worried about all the varied sizes, did you just choose the ones that were the closest in size?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, I tried to pick hanks that were similar is size... I need to get a bunch more handkerchiefs so I can make some of these for my shop! xo m

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool wah also browse your site ,
    I really like and are excited about this can find your site ..
    Greetings Introduction Of My Seo Milanisti ,
    obat bius | obat perangsang wanita | obat tidur | jual obat bius

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment, I usually respond within the comments section. thank you for reading.