Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

tea & sympathy (a recipe): In Dreams

  I drink so much tea! Mostly herbal so I guess I should say I drink so many tisanes. I'm really trying to cut out all caffeine. There was a time when I was completely caffeine and refined sugar free and it was great! I've been trying to get back to that, but dang, I am hooked on sugar and the buzz my sleep deprived mama mind gets from black tea and coffee (and I do live in Seattle, coffee capital of the world).
  I thought it would be fun to have a regular post about tea with a recipe so here goes...

 Of all the teas I make and sell in the shop, this one-In Dreams,  is the most popular and I get the most positive feedback about the results.
  I've always had very vivid dreams. I believe that the dream world can be an alternate dimension. I have magical adventures and work on solving very real problems in my dreamscape. I make this tea when my dreams are getting funky or not showing me signs I'm able to make sense of. You can read a bit more. The most mystical herb in this brew is Mugwort.
  Mugwort is an herb sacred to the Greek Goddess Artemis (Goddess of the moon, the hunt and chastity) and has long been used as a magical aid to encourage lucid, vibrant and even prophetic dreams (it is also a thought to be a digestive aid and good for regulating a woman's moon cycle). Drank just before bedtime this tea blend will prepare you for your journey into the dream realm.
 Blend this tea with intention and please use only dried Organic herbs.

In Dreams, lucid dreaming tea:

1 1/2 Tbsp Chamomile
2 tsp Peppermint
2 tsp Catnip (Catmint)
1 tsp California Poppy
2 Tbsp Mugwort
1 tsp linden
3 leaves white sage

Mix all the herbs together in a bowl and crumble sage leaves into mixture. Store in a seal light tight container.

To brew: pour 1 cup fresh boiled water over 2 heaping teaspoons of tea blend in mesh strainer. Let steep for 5-15 minutes (covered), the longer you steep the more potent and the more beneficial constituents will be extracted from the herbs. Lovely when sweetened with a bit of honey.
 I drank some today as I was taking these pictures and my dreams have been pretty wild lately, we'll see what I dream of tonight...
 Last night my little one climbed into my bed after midnight (I was still awake thanks to the damn time change) with an annoying sniffly/runny nose, neither one of us got much sleep after that. Today was a bit of a haze but I did manage to triumphantly clean off the top of the refrigerator which was getting nuts.
Now I ahve to convince my gal that, even though it's not exactly dark outside it is still very much bedtime... Hope you enjoy this tea! xo m

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, so many blog posts to catch up to. Lucid dreaming tea sounds like the ticket right now. I'm drowning in works...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love my dream tea! i struggle with caffeine and sugar, too. so delicious and satisfying, yet always a bit of a shock on the ole body!!!

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment, I usually respond within the comments section. thank you for reading.