Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

i love blueberries!

  Well, not just blueberries but ALL berries! Strawberries, raspberries, huckleberries, boysenberries, blackberries... I love how the berries are all at their prime at different times, one after the other, so there's always a wonderful berry perfectly ready to be picked. I need to go down the road and see if the wild blackberries are ready... Last weekend was all about blueberries. There were ripe raspberries at one place but the filed was so darn crowded and I honestly like blueberries better.

   We found a few sweet heart shaped blueberries.



  It was a hot weekend and my kids aren't very into farm work in the sun so we only did a short picking but still ended up with 30 cups in the freezer (plus the blueberries I used to make a batch of jam and popsicles and a bowl full to snack on). We're heading back in a few days to get a bit more. It will be so wonderful to have plump blueberries, that we picked ourselves, come mid-winter.
  My list of garden chores is crazy long tomorrow. I'm really going to go to bed early (hahaha... yeah, right!) so I can get up and at least get started before the sun gets too high. It was nearly 80 today (don't laugh) and it's going to be in the 80s for the rest of the week. Our summer has been nonexistent up until now so even a bit of warmth feels super hot. xo m

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment, I usually respond within the comments section. thank you for reading.