Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

7 random things about me...

  I got a blog award from this super cool lady blogger I dig a lot... I post 7 random things about myself.
hmmmm... and then I am to pass it on to 15 (eek) other new found bloggers I like. 15 seems a bit much maybe I'll do half that.
let me see...
 This is Cinnamon, she can help me think... think think think... randomness...
1) As a small child I was totally obsessed with Unicorns and then I realized that Horses are pretty much just like Unicorns (minus the horn) but you can ride a Horse!! So yeah, I become very INTO horses until around 15 and then... you know... boys, bleck...
2) I used to (this is embarrassing) have 6 piercings other than my ears. ugh...
3) I am very into Clowns. Not scary clowns but old timey depression era type clowns, and Harlequins. I am also very into goats and have a goat-lequin tattoo- yep, that's a goat with a harlequin style clown collar...
4) I have only ever lived on the west coast. In California, Oregon and Washington. Sometimes, I think this needs to change and I have big time fantasies about living in Maine, Nebraska and Texas.
5) I have always been very into animals. I became vegetarian at age 10 and then vegan (and very animal rights fanatical) at 14. I worked for a wildlife rescue/rehab guy named Bob Farner when I was in high school and it was awesome getting to see so many wild animals up close. He had a cougar, bobcats, deer, owls, raccoons, an alligator, snakes, everything... Mostly animals people had gotten illegally as "pets" and ones too handicapped or unused to the wild to be released back into it... The possums were scary. I wanted to be a vet until I realized the amount of dissection that would mean...
6) I used to work for Dione Warwick's Psychic Friends Network. I read tarot cards over the phone...
7) I have always been an avid journal-er and used to write poetry a lot. I've kept all my old notebooks and have a about 70 or so. I used to sit in my room and burn black candles and incense, listen to the Cure and write poetry and cry and stuff for hours. Hormones are hard... Now it seems funny but at the time I just felt so horrible. All awful and misunderstood. Thank Goodness for music, it got me through...

okay, so that's my 7 random things... I choose these fine ladies to share my blog award with: Sara, Miriam, Natalia, Jane & Chelsea... Hope you ladies have the time to post 7 randoms, I want to read them! xo M

3 comments:

  1. this is so fun. first, you're not veggie anymore are you, didn't you tell me to eat the rooster up? and what the heck about your boyfriend in the movie??? i forgot to reply to that! you have to tell me who he is in it so i can be looking out for him!!

    it makes me sad and happy at the same time to read about you journaling to cure music with black candles, uuugh. i was doing so the same thing. and it just had to happen. it's who we are. but it sucks too. yes, thank god for music. the cure and the pixies and then i went and had a lot of fun with phish after all that blackness. did you?

    you're funny admitting that you read tarot for dionne. i love that. i just picked the lust/strength card the other day and it has been such a powerful visualization for me......love tarot!!!!

    lets see an old photo of all those piercings! and of the goat tattoo.

    love. fun random fun. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6 is CRACKING ME UP- really?!?! that is awesome. #7 is a fact directly out of my own life. in fact i met my husband and some of my best friends through a Cure fanzine. and my entire closet in my old bedroom is full of journals containing mortifying poetry. OH MY GOD! xoxo Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, yes it's all true!! it was sad, the people who called were all sad and lonely midwestern housewives wanting a friend. it made me feel bad and I quit...
    and, oh the cure... man, I had an obsession until I saw jane's addiction play and then I was cured (ha ha) of my cure-ness and on to a different kind of madness...
    xo m

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment, I usually respond within the comments section. thank you for reading.