Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

anticipation...

   All the work and making that goes into the holidays is pretty much my favorite part of this season. It feels so sad when it's over and all the gifts are unwrapped. I think this is a left over emotion from my childhood. I would get REALLY down and depressed when dec 26th rolled around. I try to celebrate each season not put such an emphasis on just that one day (xmas) and celebrate the solstice and talk about what the cycles of the season mean to me.
 We are going through the jams we canned this summer pretty quickly.
 Someone found the vintage sequins!
 Caramel making...
 Rosemary saving...
 Our eggs cracked to be made into...
 A very special lemon birthday cake!!
 magical lunar eclipse that my camera refused to photograph well. so so lovely, the moon was aglow and bathed in RED!
 city lights...
 coop lights...
 solstice party people.

 Sugar cookie making. This was the only non gluten free holiday treat we made and luckily, my little miss took one nibble and said "bleck!". phew...
  Hope the Solstice was a time of warmth and wishing the Happiest of Holidays to you and yours! Time to get cozy and stay that way for a few day. eat drink & be merry and all that. feeling gratitude!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment, I usually respond within the comments section. thank you for reading.