Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

hi, we are HUGE!

  These chicks are growing like crazy! I think they are growing faster than the zucchini. Every morning they look different. I can actually tell that they are taller or fatter or have new feathers sprouting. It's kind of freaking me out. I mean, I had no idea how quickly they would go from sweet little fluff puffs into well, um, chickens.
We rode by a yard sale that was wrapping up the other day and I got this metal dog enclosure playpen thing and I thought it would be a good way to play with them without the cats trying to attack them (I thought the cats understood that the chicks were our friends and not food, but sadly, they do not. The primal hunting look comes over my cats the moment they hear the chicks peeping and it's over, they try to run and pounce...). The little blackish one (named Frances Farmer-bad choice, trying to think of a new name-she seems to be taking after her namesake a little too much) can squeeze through though. It kind of keeps them together, well, it's better than nothing.

A bit like a baby vs chicks cage match. They don't really care for her and she just loves them. She was giving them peas and they liked that.

  The lumber is coming today and then it's gonna be work work work on the chicken coop all the time. I really want it finished asap. I have to get them out of their little pen they're just too big, getting annoyed with each other, stealing food from and picking on poor Frances. Chickens are brutal creatures. They don't play. Not at all. Strange birds for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment, I usually respond within the comments section. thank you for reading.