Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

autumn equinox...

  The dawn of my favorite season is upon us! Oh Autumn! It's so wonderful and lovely in the Pacific Northwest. I grew up in Southern California where Fall didn't really exist. It was always so ho hum being in a place and still wearing a t-shirt in October, at least as a kid. Growing up,  I had such deep fantasies about spiced apple cider, sweaters, fireplaces and such...

 Autumn gets me all nesty and home project oriented. I decided, last weekend, that I didn't need my spacious walk in closet (really HUGE, has a big window and large enough for a bed and desk, more like small office sized...) as much as my little one needed a room of her own. She's been asking for months. She wanted a space that was hers alone, one that she could close a door (ok, in this case a fancy curtain.) on when she wanted to be alone. I started the closet/room makeover thinking it would be quick and well, I have a lot of stuff, stuff that seemed to expand greatly when removed from the racks and shelves... So much stuff. A big sort and downsizing was in order. It was a rewarding but length process. But my little lady really adores her little room. Pics soon...
 Sept and Oct seem to be a real time of birthday parties. Pretty much all of my close friends are Virgos (with a few Libras and Scorpios thrown in) so the last few weeks have been busy and fun.
 Straw hat wearing season is coming to a close. Darn it all...
 I've been finding tons of playing cards (mostly hearts) at my feet these days. The universe is sending me hints...
 Floral fall for sure. As the earthly flowers start to wither, the fabric kind pop up on my clothes more and more.
 One last big outdoor trip. Her Papa took her to the zoo (I pretty much don't ever do that. It's depressing and as much as the zoos try to say they promote education and conservation, it still sits weird with me and seems so wrong, maybe it's just my history as a super sensitive teen animal rights activist... I just can't do it.) and she had a ball...
   I'll be dj-ing a vinyl only night next thursday and it's pretty much gonna be cry-in-your-cocktail country and gothic gems... I'll add some upbeat fun songs to the mix so it doesn't make everyone so super bummed but I just love soulful, sad, sappy tunes...
  The Autumn Equinox is at 10:49 this eve!! xo m

1 comment:

  1. Walk in closet room is pretty much my childhood dream. I had one in my room and liked to go in there when I needed "space" even though it was way smaller that sounds like your is. Kids love compact spaces. You're such a sweet momma to give up your closet for your lil' one. Post pictures pls. Next time I come to Seatown, let's make a serious effort to meet too. It'd be kind of criminal not to, right?

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment, I usually respond within the comments section. thank you for reading.